Cernit Matt Varnish 30ml
Cernit Varnish – Matt – 30ml. A viscous, water based varnish for polymer clay that dries to a transparent matt finish. Apply very thinly with a soft paint brush to cooled pieces. Dry to the touch after 20 minutes. Fully dry after 24 hours. For best results apply 2 thin coats allowing an hour between coats. This varnish is designed to be baked as a final step. Notes: Shake or stir well before use and be sure to apply very thinly for a matte finish. If application is too thick, it will give a satin finish.
HOW TO USE:
- Bake or cure items. Allow to cool.
- Shake or stir the bottle very well before using
- Apply 2 – 3 coats of varnish all over or to hilite particular areas. Allow to dry for an hour between each coat.
- If you wish, when dry, bake again in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes at 110 C.
- Clean brushes with water.
Note: This Product does not have to be baked or cured after application. If you choose not to bake, it is essential the item be thoroughly cleansed / degreased with alcohol before applying varnish.
Cernit Varnish is perfectly transparent after drying with maximum durability after 48 hrs. Will protect items from wear and prevent chalks and powders from rubbing off.
Note: for a true matte finish, do not apply too thickly. If application is too thick, it will give a satin result.
Contains 30ml (1 fl. oz.)